About Camperact – Your Australian camping experts
Our Company is defined by the company we keep
The quality Australian companies we represent and their Australian made campers and products designed for Australian conditions
Our customers who stay with us for the long journey from selection of the right camper to service and maintenance, with a smile
The relationships we maintain with knowledgeable users and industry reviewers, including 4WD clubs, driver trainers, journalists and tour leaders
Our director Peter has vast experience towing, camping and off-roading
Our full service workshop with fully qualified mechanics and three hoists.
Our philosophy is simple; we only sell products we will use ourselves. As our motto says "Let us help you get your camper act together."
We believe that the products we have chosen to represent are "best of breed" and most have won awards for their quality, design, value for money or ruggedness.
Did you know
- Camperact began in 2006 as Independent Trailers in Canberra and began by hiring out Tvans
- Founded by Peter and Catherine (who retired in 2021)
- Peter and Catherine ran the Track owners rally bi-annually from 2008 - 2016
- They represented Track products across NSW and ACT at many trade shows each year
- They did quite a bit of product testing and trips in the outback
- They featured on shows including "What's Up Downunder" and "Camper Trailer Lifestyle"
- Catherine even co-led a Simpson crossing for Track owners (Peter was committed elsewhere)
- They represented Track at Alice Springs and the Big Red Bashes, supplying desert for all attending Track owners one year
- They have taken Tvans and other campers to many places including the Canning Stock Route and the Hay River Run in the north Simpson Desert
- Peter was President of 4WD NSW & ACT and President and CEO of 4WD Australia, the peak national association representing 4WD clubs
- He is also an accomplished trip leader.
- The business also was a regular sponsor of the TLCC Willowglen Challenge
- In 2016 the business rebranded as Camperact
- In 2017 Narellan Showroom opened
- 2023 Newcastle (Beresfield) showroom opened
Have you read our BLOG with a few of our trip overviews and tips on camping and cooking?
Don't you owe it to yourself to visit our showroom to explore the possibilities?
Visit our showroom in Sydney at Narellan.
1/9 Maxwell Place
Monday: 9.30am - 5pm
Tuesday: 9.30am - 5pm
Wednesday: 9.30am - 5pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 5pm
Friday: 9.30am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
YOU CAN ALSO CATCH US AT THE CARAVAN, CAMPING & 4WD SHOWS THROUGHOUT NSW & ACT!
Camperact attends all the major Caravan, Camping and 4WD shows in NSW & ACT, we are also members of the CCIA.
Click here to view a list of the shows we attend and the dates for those shows.
A Lifetime of experience
Apart from his vast experience in the sales and servicing of quality camper trailers and caravans. Peter also brings a wealth of knowledge in outback travel and 4wd expeditions to assist those starting out on their own outback adventures.
As they say, they are bush campers first, 4WDers second, so they can escape the crowds and third they take an Australian made camper for their own comfort and rugged durability that ensure they come back rested and relaxed.
As former President and CEO of the Australian National Four Wheel Drive Council, Peter knows a bit about 4WDing in our vast country and the industry generally.
Choosing the right camper trailer or caravan to get you into those iconic outback Australian locations is a big decision - one that that can be made easier and more confidently with Peter there to advise and assist as you begin your journey.
Camperact has an extensive range of quality Australian made campers from $10,000 to $110,000. The staff are experienced and knowledgable as they use what they sell.
So if you’re in the market for a quality camper or caravan or even if you just want to come along and have a look and a chat about travelling you’ll be made very welcome by Peter and the CAMPERACT team.
But it’s not just Sydneysiders who will benefit from access to this great outlet – CAMPERACT also welcomes enquiry from across NSW as they exhibit at 14 caravan and camping shows each year across the state .