ABOUT THE MATE TRAILER
A simple rugged trailer that can grow with your family
Weekday work trailer: weekend camper: full family tourer
The choice is yours
The MATE concept dates back over 20 years to when Track won several MILITARY (RAAF, RAN, Army) tenders by developing ultra-light multi-purpose trailers, tandem plant style trailers and specialised satellite trailers used to safely navigate minefields.
What you may not know is how big the “following” of Track military products has become. Track are regularly approached by the public wanting special build tactical trailers. However these do not really suit civilian use.
So Track developed the MATE; which in its most simple form is a “gear carrying trailer” with the famous and proven MC2 Asymmetric Link suspension.It is designed to be the most practical, durable and innovative trailer on the market. It features a large storage tub that can be used as a typical trailer to move almost anything including two standard sized pallets!
There are many customisation options and different models that vary from the BASE MATE (the gear carrier) to the WEEKEND MATE (a roof top tent carrier) and the TRADE MATE (with a universal setup). See the other Mate drop down tabs for more information.
All Track MATES start as BASE MATES, featuring Track’s own Military grade MC2 Asymmetric Link Suspension and chassis design. This setup incorporates pannier storage, rear folding tail gate and universal mounting points around the tub. This purpose built Off-Road gear carrying trailer has useful household / business applications. It can be used for anything…
When it’s time to play, the BASE MATE is really in its element, it’s large enough to fit a quad, dirt bikes, a few swags and plenty of grub. Plus the external storage offers room to carry extra jerry cans and toolboxes.
BASE MATE SPECIFICATION
- Full galvanised chassis with MC2 Asymmetric Link Suspension featuring King Springs and Koni Shocks. Delivering the same legendary off-road performance as the Tvan
- Full galvanised security chains, D shackles and recovery points
- 10” off-road Electric drum brakes
- Spirit level on draw bar
- 3 x 16” steel wheels and 60/40 off road L/T tyres
- Large mud flaps
- Large panniers including tie down points (capacity for 4x space cases and 4x 20L jerry cans)
- Side & front fixed aluminium extrusions for tie down points and fixings for roof racks or fitting different tops
- LED tail lights, side markers and number plate light
- 5 Year Warranty on Chassis and Suspension components and 3 Years on all body panels
- Tail gate folds to vertical or horizontal position, with dust seals and compression latches
- Modular design enabling upgrades over time
- DO-35 off-road coupling (3.5T) including mechanical handbrake
ALL MATE MODELS ARE A COLLECTION OF PACKAGED OPTIONS FITTED TO A BASE MATE:
WEEKEND MATE – CANVAS ROOF:
BASE MATE +
Modular drawbar frame: Storage of up to 4x jerry cans, 2x gas bottles & 1x spare wheel, with large metal stone guards to protect the body
1x 105Ah Battery, wiring to the drawbar, fuse & 3x 12V power outlets
Kitchen including gas cooktop and gas bottle, connection hose, plastic sink and hand pump
Water Tank (70L), hand pump and electric pump + 2x additional 12V power outlets
Rhino Roof Racks x 2 + universal top mounting brackets
ARB KAKADU ROOF TOPPER side “folding tent”